Thursday, July 21, 2011

Liberty of London

So a couple of days ago, after our long architecture class where we walk all over the city, I was looking in my guide book and it suggested some good department stores, other than Harrod's, to go to. I came across Liberty, not even THINKING that it was the SAME Liberty of Liberty of London. WELL, let me just say. I have FOUND my calling in life, and that is to move to London, and work on the fourth floor of this absolutely amazing wondrous escape of a store, the fourth floor being the FABRIC AND CRAFTS FLOOR!!! Not only is the entire store built in an absolutely amazing open old Victorian mansion/house, but it also has the largest cosmetics area of all the department stores in London. However, the fourth floor was obviously the best. They literally had any craft you could think of, and all the fabric was absolutely stunning. Beyond stunning, I can't even put into words how beautiful all the fabric was! It was like heaven!! But a yard, or whatever the length is in metric terms, was 25 pounds, ONE yard. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY DOLLARS THAT IS?? Thats like 40++ dollars. FOR ONE YARD!! Craziness. If you were to ever get fabric for a quilt, the quilt would be upwards of like 400$, JUST in fabric. YIKES! (sorry for all the caps, but this store just excited me!)


HUGE AND BEAUTIFUL! 



Reminiscent of Fachwerkhaueser (German wood paneled housing)



Cosmetic window display! 

Then after Liberty, as if the night could have gotten any better, I walked over to Carnaby Street, which was the major revolutionary fashion sector of the 60's and 70's in Britain. Basically if you were cool in any way, or a part of any kind of youth culture, you shopped on Carnaby street. Well I hopped on over to this adorable cupcake shop, and bought this lemon poppyseed muffin, complete with glazed icing and m & m's. It was a good day. 


-xox-

No comments:

Post a Comment