Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Imperial War Musuem

Only three days left here in merry ol' London. So I obviously had to get to the Imperial War Museum. I got there around 12 and honestly did not leave until they closed at 6. Pretty much the most intensely awesome museum experience ever! I don't have the time or energy (studying for my finals) to narrate my entire day there, only because I did and saw so very much. So enjoy the pictures! 
Outside entrance.


NAZIS!! They had so many nazi planes- it was crazy!

Nazi Uniform.

ze germans!


 
The following pictures are from the Holocaust exhibit, which I literally blubbered through the entire time. It was the saddest/most amazing Holocaust exhibit I've ever seen. I didn't take too many pictures because of the sensitivity of the subject matter, and because I wouldn't have been able to see through my camera lens. lol

Prediction? The Nazis did both unfortunately...And what's even more ironic is that Heinrich Heine was a classic artist that the Germans initially admired and looked at as being representative of 'das deutsche Volk', or the german people. 

Actual tin can of "giftgas", german for poison gas. This substance was used in the gas extermination chambers in various concentration (worker) and liquidation (killing) camps. Isn't that ironic? That the word for poison in german, gift, is our word for happy celebratory things. 

HI GRANDPA!!! 

-XOX-

No comments:

Post a Comment