Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Second Day in Chelsea 6.14.2011.

So I have learned many things today, and I ONLY WISH I had taken photos, at least to better support my claims here...:

1. It is apparently still popular to pop your collar. And EVERY Brit who has a polo on, generally has their collar popped. OKAY then.
2. There is this strange trend going on where girls are adorably dressed head to ankle, and then at the very bottom, where one would think cute shoes would follow a cute outfit, UGLY TENNIS SHOES ARE THERE!! Like legit running shoes. Gross.
3. There are two types of cross walks: One with actual lights, and signs on the ground that say "look left" and "look right"...And one with only white stripes going across it, like the classic Beatles photos.. for the Abbey Road album.. and THIS cross walk is called a "zehhhhhhhhhbra" crossing.. Peds have the right of way. :)
4. Runners in this country run with backpacks.. either on their back. Or on their chest. Weird.
5. For any ailment you have, a measurement is taken. For example, I bought an ankle brace to help with my sore ankle, and the guy at the pharmacy whipped out this measuring tape to figure out what size I would take. It was adorable, not to mention he had to deal with my stubbly legs.
6. There are some VERY talented business men on the morning tubes. Today, at around 7 am, I saw a very classy man, double cloth navy suit, red printed tie, and in one hand a tiny espresso cup, the other his iPhone, and not one finger touching a handle bar on the Tube.. very impressive. I fall even when sitting down..
7. During our orientation today, we were explicitly told to watch out for buses and pedalcyclists, aka bike riders. ADORABLE!
8. And lastly, there are indeed bars that make you completely forget you are in a foreign country and are actually just back in A2, in Rick's. And these bars are called Sport Cafe. Enough said.

I am missing my family and poochy pooch so very much today. I see dogs everywhere and make sure to stop and pet them in hopes it will make me feel better, but I miss my little Visa so much.

-xox-

No comments:

Post a Comment