Wednesday, June 8, 2011

London: Day Two. 6.8.2011.

Today I met the love of my life, and his name is the Tube. 
He takes me wherever I want to go, whenever I want to go, and he never gives me any mixed signals! 
While some stations are filthy (I have to keep telling myself this is a big city...), this nifty little string of public transport is absolutely ingenius. I have never been so blown away at how easy it is to get from one end of the city to the complete opposite side! It's like magic! Anyways, here is a photo of the TUBE entrance at Wembly Park, which was really empty. 


Wembly Park Tube Station 


Government building... + really interesting lounging men in suits. Sleepy snoozy men! But in such neat parallel format ;) 

In addition to mastering the Tube, I also visited the V & A Museum (The Victoria and Albert Museum)! This little ensemble was a costume made for a "Strong Woman" competition.. but it was actually too glamorous for that, so I just pretended some broadway form of the Little Mermaid used it. It was the most beautiful color sage, bedazzled in sparkly gold and turquoise beads. Yes, please!

Can you name all the Beatles songs represented in this poster?? Hmmmmm!

HUGE sparkly silver lit-up light fixtures in the cafe of the V & A Museum. The entire room looked straight out of Marie Antoinette, the movie. There were 6 floors, and an entire section dedicated to stained glass. Pretty amazing, not to mention there was a jewelry room... complete with a diamond ring spiral and crown jewelry masterpieces. 

Tomorrow, I'm off to France! 

-xox-

No comments:

Post a Comment